Monday, March 16, 2015

How To Mend Holes Using Crochet Patches


If you have children, you are no stranger to knee holes. And if you're still a stranger to knee holes, don't worry! Your kids are probably too young and you'll get your chance.


From my experience, knee holes are the kind of holes my child gets when he plays soccer with his friends and he REALLY has to stop that ball from getting in the goal. So he slides on the ground (or the grass, if I'm lucky) because he simply HAS to, even at the cost of ripping a hole in his pants, right at knee level. And after stopping the ball and saving his team he comes home, and I immediately spot the hole and say "Again??". But no worries there, I just pull out my trusty crochet hook and in no time at all I have the hole all patched and done. This is how it looks from the inside:




From now on, you can do it too. Just crochet yourself a circle big enough to cover the hole plus a little extra on the sides and then stitch it to the pants on top of the hole. Make sure you completely cover the hole and that it is centered behind the middle of the patch. You can find an excellent pattern and explanation for flat circles over at Pink Mambo.


You can make the circle in the same color as the pants or even in a contrasting color for extra fun. You can also use this technique to mend holes in other places and garments, like elbow holes, sweaters and blankets,

So what do you say? Doesn't that look great?


You're also welcome to join my mailing list or like my facebook page.

Thanks for stopping by,
Shimrit

3 comments :

  1. What a cute idea! I have pinned and shared on Facebook!
    Would love if you shared this at our Yarn Fanatic Linky Party - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/03/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-28.html
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandra, I'm so glad you stopped by :)
    I joined your link party, as you suggested, and looking forward to see all the other participants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by to party with us! I have chosen this post as one of my Yarn Favorites and featured in this week's party. You can find it here - http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/03/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-29.html.
    Hope you'll stop by to party with us again soon!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete