Sunday, March 8, 2015

Done: Crochet Cosmetic Bag with a Romantic and Feminine Feel

My Vasarely Crochet Bag took quite a long time to make, and I wanted to do other side projects simultaneously so I wouldn't get crazy too bored. I tried to keep my side projects small and simple, because handling too endless projects could be quite nerve wracking.
One of the ideas I had was to make a little pouch to be used as a cosmetics or makeup pouch, a feminine pouch (to hide in style all your tampons and hygienic feminine stuff) or even an evening pouch for a girl's night out. I wanted it to have a retro feel and a romantic look and finally I had a design in mind. Something floral and girly and feminine.




The pouch itself is quite simple but it closes in a very unique way using a decorative motif in the shape of a flower. This is the special feature which makes the pouch feminine and romantic in my opinion. I've attached a vintage Green button from my own private stash that really compliments the Turquoise color of the pouch and the Stone color of the flower motif.



I've sewed the flower motif to the back of the pouch manually in a matching color about a third of it's height and I think it is doing a good job in covering the pouch and keeping it closed and secure.



The possibilities with this little pouch are practically endless, because of all the color combinations that can be worked here. I already started another one in a more dramatic color. I'll post it here once it's done, which should be not too long from now. You can read about it here.

I love the way it turned out.




This cute little pouch, as well as other items, is available for sale on my etsy shop. Just click here: ShimraDesigns.etsy.com

UPDATE: This post is participating on the Link Part Palooza at  I Heart Nap Time. Make sure you hop over and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by,
Shimrit

2 comments :

  1. oh so super cute love the color and it is so romantically styled
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback :)
    Will do...

    ReplyDelete